Maxi rib are the protagonists of recent years in the world of boating. Italy is one of the big player (here are the 15 Italian super inflatable boats). Among the top brands there is Scanner Marine, shipyard of Casalbeltrame (NO), which has launched a new flagship: here is the new Envy 1400 HT in sterndrive version with Volvo Penta D6-440 Dpi engine.
What struck us
- On a 13.70-meter rib, the space must certainly not be missing: the bow sundeck with the awning and the two aft seats that become the central table (retractable) in the cockpit are well arranged and wide, as well as the passageways that connect them. At the stern, with the Volvo Penta Sterndrive engine, we find a large platform that further increases the space on board.
- The shape of the deep V-shaped bow, specially designed for this model, is designed to ensure speed and stability in navigation and also has another advantage: it makes the cabin below deck higher and voluminous.
- In navigation, with a Volvo Penta D6-440 Dpi engine, the Scanner 1400 proved to be a dry boat even in strong winds, thanks also to its height on the water and the shape of the bow.
- Below deck, In addition to the separate bathroom there is also all the space that a family may need to spend a weekend out. With the outboard configuration the boat gains storage space (without the two engines under the sundeck), but at the expense of the beach.
The full test with details and data in the near future on Paper powered boats: subscribe now!
Technical features of the rib: Envy 1400 Scanner
- Design & Project: D.Montemitro Design – SCANNER
- CE category: B
- Fine length : 1370 cm
- Figural width : 400 cm
- N°people : 18
- Maximum power : 1500 hp