The Fountaine Pajot was founded in 1976 by Jean-François Fountaine, Yves Pajot, Daniel Givon and Rémi Tristan. Presented in Dusseldorf at the beginning of the year, the latest arrival of Fountain Pajot is MY 40. Here we see him sailing in the bay of Singapore.
Catamarans, 7 things you didn’t know
The new MY 40 is the latest addition to Fountaine Pajot’s Motor Yacht range and has a very large flybridge and owner’s suite for a boat of this class. Dynamic lines and contemporary design for an elegant and performing catamaran. The great strength of MY 40 is in the comfort with bright and spacious interiors. Each volume on board has been designed to offer a luxurious and practical lifestyle. This catamaran has a full galley and a wheelhouse that opens onto the cockpit; the cabins are spacious and also include a master suite and a flybridge with sun loungers.
How to behave in water
In line with the characteristics of all cruise catamarans, MY 40 is stable, comfortable and offers complete freedom of movement during cruising, both at sea and in the harbour. Its optional stern platform is designed to move quickly between the boat and the sea. To improve steering and safety on board there are two wheelhouses from which to control the boat. One on the flybridge and a second at the bow of the saloon with a panoramic view.
Boat data sheet: MY 40 Fountaine Pajot
- Overall length: 40 ft – 12.35 m 45.9 ft – 14 m with stern platform
- Maximum width: 19.8 ft – 6 m
- Dry Displacement: 13.5 T (Approx.)
- Draft: 3.7 ft / 1.1 m
- Standard engine: Volvo 2 x 221 KW – 2 x 300 HP – IPS 400
- Power Option: Volvo 2 x 272 KW – 2 x 370 HP – IPS 500
- Architect: Daniel Andrieu
- Interior design: Studio Pierangelo Andreani
- Master version: 1 master suite + 1 bathroom + 1 bathroom + 2 double cabins + 1 bathroom