Mets in Amsterdam is a meeting place, one of the leading trade shows dedicated to operators of recreational marine components and accessories. It was here that the 15 winners-between brands and key figures (a record number)-were announced, to which some 12 special mentions were also added in such an exceptional theater as the dome of the National Maritime Museum in the Dutch capital.
Here are the main winners:
- In the Retail Marketing Initiative category, the R35 earned victory for Princess Yacht. The television and newspaper advertising campaign, designed following the Japanese manga and anime style, was the key to the shipyard’s success in this area. Honorable mentions for both Groupe Beneteau’s Band of Boats community service platform and Brunswick Marine’s Quicksilver rental platform.
- For the category Solution Between a Production Boat Builder and its Supply Chain Partner the struggle was very close, and as many as four groups won: the three manufacturers, Hanse Group, Prestige Yachts e Sunseeker who have – each independently – collaborated closely with Lewmar For glazing solutions.
- Solution between a Superyacht Builder and its Supply Chain Partner.
and the first prize went to Ferretti for the large lifting and sliding aft door created with an outstanding partner Francesco Paszkowski Design Studio and the Mecaer Aviation Group. Honorable mention for Benetti who worked on pitch and roll stabilization with Naiad.
- Innovative Onboard Design Solution saw the finalists battle it out-abstractly-with foil and foiling technology. What prevailed, however, was the ingenious layout of Galeon’s opening doors installed on the 640 Fly and 650 Skydeck models. Honorable mention for Mastercraft for its innovative quick-fill and easy-adjust ballast system.
- In the Innovation in a Production Process category, it is Absolute Yachts that triumphs thanks to the development of lean production processes of the integrated structure system.
- Amer Yacht, sustainable superyacht Amer 94 winsEnvironmental Initiative. Honorable mention for Discovery Yachts thanks to its Southerly 480, designed for exploratory ocean sailing, which is also equipped with Integrel technology for generator replacement.
- In the Rising Star category Dan Bloice-Smith has been busy launching 16 new models for Williams Jet Tenders in eight years with a warm reception from the Boat Builder Awards audience.
- Lifetime Achievement category
Dulcisin fundo, the tribute paid to Annette Roux for 50 years of leadership and activity with Groupe Beneteau, the multinational shipbuilding giant, and for the maritime industry in general.
The full list of sponsors, initiatives and award-winning companies
Retail Marketing Initiative
sponsored by RAI Amsterdam
Princess Yachts – Winner
Brunswick Marine EMEA – Honourable Mention
Groupe Beneteau – Honorable Mention
International Distributor or Dealer Development
sponsored by Wells Fargo
Brig – Winner
Sea Ray – Honorable Mention
Collaborative Solution between a production boat builder and its supply chain partner
sponsored by Ultraflex
Hanse Group, working with Lewmar – Joint Winner
Prestige Yachts, working with Lewmar – Joint Winner
Sunseeker International, working with Lewmar – Joint Winner
Axopar Boats, working with Brabus – Honorable Mention
Solaris Yachts, working with Sailectron – Honorable Mention
Collaborative Solution between a superyacht builder and its supply chain partner
sponsored by Lumishore
Ferretti, working with Francesco Paszkowski Design Studio and Mecaer Aviation Group – Winner
Benetti, working with Naiad Dynamics – Honorable Mention
Innovative Onboard Design Solution
sponsored by Fusion
Mastercraft Boat Co – Honorable Mention
Innovation in a Production Process
sponsored by Dometic
Absolute Yachts – Winner
sponsored by UCINA
Amer Yachts – Winner
Discovery Yachts – Honourable Mention
Best Apprenticeship or Training Scheme
sponsored by Marine Resources
NZMarine and Composites Industry Training Organisation – Winner
Princess Yachts – Honourable Mention
sponsored by Gurit
Dan Bloice-Smith, Williams Jet Tenders
sponsored by Side-Power
Annette Roux – Groupe Beneteau